Build 30 Problems with VS2008

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi,

I was looking for a SVN integration into VS and found VsTortoise. It seems very promising to me, but....

I've installed vstortoise30beta_svn16.exe and I'm working with VS 2008. Unfortunately, no menus are created within VS 2008. I do neither have the VsTortoise entry in the menu bar, nor any entries in the context menus.

Then I tried uninstalling the Build 30 and installed Build 29. With this Build I do have all menu entries, but each time I start VS I got one more pair of 'Update' and 'Commit' entries in the context menus, so that the context menu is growing larger and larger with each start of VS!

Unfortunately, this makes VsTortoise unusable for me at the time. Will there be a bugfix to the latest build soon?

Thx,
Alex

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Hi I've played around with the latter problem a bit and just realized, that the menus do appear in Build 30 when starting a second instance of VS...

-Alex

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Hi Alex, I hope to have fixed the issue of missing buttons in revision 64760. You can download an alpha build at http://www.console-dev.de/tmp/vstortoise31alpha1.zip which contains this fix.

Please let me know, if it works for you.

- Peter

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Hi Peter,
I've just installed the alpha and performed a quick test. It seems to work on my machine. Thanks a lot!

- Alex