Problems

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:57 AM

My projects are generally either web site or web application projects, and usually I have more than one project in the solution.  All projects are on local filesystem, and are accessed through IIS.

1. The "Update" and "Commit" commands directly under the man VsTortoise menu *never* do anything.
  2. The "Update" and "Commit" commands under the Active Project submenu don't work when the active project is a web site, but do work when it is a web application.
  3. The "Update" and "Commit" commands under Active Document always work.
Oct 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Hi,

rpresser wrote:

My projects are generally either web site or web application projects, and usually I have more than one project in the solution.  All projects are on local filesystem, and are accessed through IIS.

1. The "Update" and "Commit" commands directly under the man VsTortoise menu *never* do anything.

Are these projects located in different working copies, or is every project in the same WC?

rpresser wrote:

The "Update" and "Commit" commands under the Active Project submenu don't work when the active project is a web site, but do work when it is a web application.

How can I creare a web site project? I have VS 2008 standard, but don't see this type of project. Do I need to install an extension or did I miss something during installation? I'd like to reproduce the problem, makes it way easier to fix :)

rpresser wrote:
The "Update" and "Commit" commands under Active Document always work.

This is correct behavior, I guess. Those buttons should be unavailable only when no document is active or the file is not under subversion control.

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM
pschraut wrote:

Are these projects located in different working copies, or is every project in the same WC?

They are all in the same working copy.

pschraut wrote:

How can I create a web site project? I have VS 2008 standard, but don't see this type of project. Do I need to install an extension or did I miss something during installation? I'd like to reproduce the problem, makes it way easier to fix :)

You probably have to install the Visual Web Developer portion of VS 2008 standard to be able to create website projects. In Help/About dialog, under Installed products, I see:

Microsoft Silverlight Projects 2008
Microsoft Visual Basic 2008
Microsoft Visual C# 2008
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008

and then a bunch of updates, hotfixes, Service Pack 1, and extensions I have installed. If you're missing the fourth line, go back to Setup.

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I just uploaded VsTortoise 29 beta, which should fix this problem.