Additional commands in main menu?

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Hello! Thank you for your addin! We were using AnkhSVN addin for 2008 , but many, including me, do not like it's deep integration. I was hoping to find or write something simple for TSVN interface, and then I have found yours. Very good!

Now, the question - is there any specific reason for not having ShowLog command for solution in main menu? It's only available from popup menu for solution, but that's too many clicks for often used command. Or maybe not everybody use it so often? Personally, I would also like Repo Browser in same menu, so I would not need to go out for rarely used commands. Thanks to open source, I have added ShowLog to main menu in my version, but maybe you have some other plan\vision for your addin? On other side, thanks to UI customizing, you can always remove commands you don't need.

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2010 at 6:45 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Thanks for the kind words! There is no specific reason for not having ShowLog in the main menu. I'll add ShowLog for the solution to the main menu in a future version. My vision for VsTortoise is to provide features that you need often while writing code only. I guess "diff" or "blame" are the most significant examples for such candidates. I don't see having "Repo Browser" accessible from within the IDE as advantage yet.

Thanks for your feedback!